4.12.04

cozy

well. i've gotten 2 calls today from faithful blog readers to make sure i'm ok. how more loved can one feel? it's been another long day, but it got a bit raucus at the end when stacy appeared- it was terrible fun. before that, jim and ch were delivering the balloons (have you ever seen 2 people carry 160 balloons? it's quite a sight) and the museum closed at 4 so stacy came back and she and i were alone in the shop. we had a delightful talk about ch. it's nice to chat with someone who adores him like i do. and to get her take on r, and the breakup and such. ch and stacy and i went to boni vino afterwork. that was another really rocking thing. somehow with stacy i'm so out- it's like i'm in philly w/ leah and dana. she and johnny b are my fave friends of ch's. they are such cool people i'd like them to be my friends on their own. it kinda kicked me out of my mood remenants... that and it being the weekend! not that i have free time. so much schoolwork. but even g canceling tonight couldn't get me down, and i'm sure i'll see her tomorrow night, and i got unpacked Finally, and my old computer all packaged up. if i could just recycle the newspapers, i could have a party. oh, and i need to finish putting up the xmas decorations! still no word on the storm windows. still a chill blowing through my apartment. i get so hot in the real world, cause as soon as i crawl out of bed i crawl into my flannel petticoat and wool socks. i can't afford to leave my heat on all day though! brrrrrr. not very cozy. and my hot water bottle has a leak. keeps my feet warm... but damp. wish i could just go to the apoteke and get a new one. i don't know if i can wait 2 weeks for a new one. i leave in 2 weeks! how can that be! to jamie: americans don't know who janosh is. they don't even know what hot waterbottles are! but we do have dr. seuss who is not just cute but rhymes, too. i have to sign off. i'v been typing this and uploading mp3s for over 2 hrs now. and iming. mom got ichat to work. so now her kitty can talk to my duck. how charming.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yes, I fell in love with Dr. Seuss when I was in New York. I bought two of his books there and still have them (of course!), always contemplating if I should get a new one (they are just pretty expensive - at least for me).
Great to hear you're better. And I bet you're excited about leaving in two weeks. I would be! Only I wouldn't be too excited about leaving for Germany, since that would mean I would just basically stay where I am. Heh.
By the way, it gets really cold here, too, but from what I guess it's a lot colder already in Chicago. Brrrr.