9.8.06

just put on weepies radio again, but had to turn it off so i can sing along to take it from me. because, you know, i can't blog and sing at the same time.

today is the day everyone goes to fest. yes those are tears shining in my eyes. the richest lesbian in chicago called to place an order today. ch ended the conversation with "have a good time in michigan." just to rub it in for me. ( i think she's going to like a lake house, not fest, but still.) so i've been sad due to my unmusicfestival week, and the sewing that is replacing it.

so at the end of the day today i told ch i was going to h&m buy boy pants after work, because i still believe in cash therapy. he told me HE'D go to sears, cause they're cheeper, but i'm more stylish than he is. well, he was so right. h&m on state only has a men's section, and it's mostly stuffy suits and other grown up clothes. i did really well in the little boys section of sears, though! (and it's right next door- how convienient!) i told ch, and he was like, did you buy a shirt with a dump truck on it? NO, actually, i bought a wardrobe that's a minature version of ch's. with our fuzzy heads and black square (ironic hipster) glasses, we can now dress alike, too. (kira, you'll have to let jimmy know.) i had a hard time figuring out my size- when i took my waist measurement and my height, it came out to just a 10, which is like an 8year old who weighs 75#. i finally decided on medium shirts and 16 pants. so i bought 2 short sleeved plaid button down shirts, a pair of cargo shorts (SHORTS! I KNOW! it's been WELL over 10 years since i've worn SHORTS) and a pair of jeans that fit me better than any pants i've ever worn before. no, actualy, there were those jeans of leah's. (i love wearing other people's clothes.) but certainly better than any pants i've ever bought before. they are the perfect length! i don't have to wear a belt- yet i can sit down in them! they are baggy and dark denim and real levis and a steal at 19.99. pictures soon, i promise. i will take a cell phone photo tomorrow when the light's better.

i can give you photos, however. my mom's been uploading like crazy on her photostream. so first, photos of the vacation i didn't take, since i chose not to go to the farm:


which my mom has titled, "good lookin girls and a turkey"
and a potluck photo with j in it, just to lend it all some authenticity- a character you all recognize.

finally, this one of my mother which CRACKS ME UP, she has it labled, "nancy the pacifist"


ok, so on to pictures of me at the beach!
z and her hot new boyfriend-i mean, sister

me on the beach in the cute new suit z bought for me:

the party in a box with their ice cream (you can just imagine them all lined up in their bikinis!)

and z and i, being very patriotic with our ice cream:

z extoling the virtues of the wine, and you can see what i thought of it...

and finally, what i wish my life was like right now:

book, cell phone, cowgirl hat- what more does a girl need?

No comments: