16.9.06

maybe not so unsuccessful....

so, after work yesterday ch and i were trying to make a plan. seeing an almodovar was too complicated, and i really needed to cook. and there was going to be another chix mix party at circut.... so, after work i came home and changed into my party clothes (the theme was rock stars this time) and packed up my vegetables, and headed off to ch's. when i got there all hungry he already had dessert mixed up, candles burning, wine and french bread with brie for me, and we cooked a delicious meal in his little kitchen. then he gave me a trim so my hair looks nice for my mom's visit next week and i put on my rock star makeup. he went off to hugos and i went off to the party!

there was a short line to get in, but once in i found the place empty and lifeless. no one was dancing. i went to the bar all the way in the back and flirted with the bartender, who mixed me a yummy drink (peach vodka, cranberry, orange, and a splash of 7up) for me and gave it to me cheaply. so i went to my seat from last week, but it was packed, so i found another seat near another solo woman. she was not having fun. i have the rule to wait out a party until i finish my drink, if it's still no fun after that i can go, but i have to wait at least that long. i was almost done when this gay guy who had been itching at the edges all night asked me if i wanted to dance. so we did. there was another couple who went out on the floor after we did, and then they started coming on. this guy was very kind, he bought me another drink, and i danced with him a few more times, but he had much more energy than me- plus, i was starting to get a little depressed, all these girls, and the only person who's friendly is this guy. i wandered around a bit, scoping the scene. it's interesting to watch the interactions, cause you know everyone's in couples- the best i can tell, the ones who are having a good time friends, and the pouting ones are the ones who are dating... there was this little polish chick and a big sexy woman, and the LPC looked so unhappy to be there, and the BSW looked like she just wanted to let loose on the dance floor, but she had to stay by the bar to be nice to her date.

so now the dance floor's full, and i go out to find my friend, and he's dancing with all these girls, and he starts sending them my way. ah, lesbians dancing. i don't think i'll ever get used to it. i hope not! i think lesbians dancing with strangers is more intimate than a lot of people having sex. so i'm having a fabulous time, being touched suggestively by all these women, i had this feeling of completeness- you know, that particular ache that i whine about has been filled for the moment, and i'm gonna be fine until it wears off.

i go to the bathroom, which is all chichi, with an attendant, which i hate, but since i always feel compelled to tip them i used some mouse, too, and spiked my hair up higher. made friends with a hot butch parker and her friend the tiny natalie, because behind them was ANNE. the blond mowhawked girl from speed dating. i HAD to talk to her. i was proud of not saying anything stupid, whining or anything, i made a good 3 minutes of small talk. i said something to parker, and she's like, "ah, she's an asshole anyway." and that made me feel SO good, cause it's better to be rejected by someone hot because she's an asshole than because there's something wrong with you.

back on the dance floor, i see BSW, and she looks much happier, so i say to her "i'm so glad you're out here, you looked like you wanted to dance so badly!" so we start dancing together. her name's deb. as we get closer than even is normal for lesbians to dance, she asks me, "do you like big women?" a little later i ask, "is there someone by the bar i should be worried about, dancing with you like this?" and she explains that LPC is just a friend she came with, she doesn't even know her very well. so, yeah, we dance all night. we're necking on the dance floor. we end up doing some very heavy petting (you KNOW how i LOVE that phrase) in a dark corner. we are not kicked out, and i am surprised. we dance some more. we dance till 4, when they close down. we exchange numbers- and i take the train home.

didn't drink nearly enough water last night- had a nasty headache this morning. the cat woke me up at 9, then at 11 the phone rang- a survey about my phone service providers. PLEASE. at 2 i met ch and hugo and joe and we went to the renegade craft fair in wicker park. it made me miss jamie and pi. hope you're having fun in france!! the vendor who makes lampshades out of drink umbrellas was there again. so cool. found a birthday gift for l. ch bought some prints.

came home and took a nap- then went to the grocery store to get cat supplies. made dinner, wasted time. had been texting deb today- she invited me to go out dancing with her at stargaze, tonight. so that's where i'm headed for. i'm actually typing this in my fishnets and velvet mircomini.

listen, don't talk to me about bowling ball bags. they'll get done eventually. sometimes, a girl just wants to have fun.

No comments: