30.6.08

superinteractions

Have been connecting with everyone the past few days. Talked to A last night, she's looking for a new life, and she didn't like any of my suggestions. so i'm putting it out there- the comments are open for anyone's ideas on what A should do next. I'm just hoping the beach will be in her plans (and Z hopes so too!)

Talked to my mom next, she's going crazy too, with the classic line, "oh, hold on a sec. [speaks in spanish] The mexicans just said they've destroyed my house." they're using their economic stimulus check to pay illegal immagrants to rip up their carpets and install hardwood floors. unfortunately it takes awhile to do.

Talked to my Oregonian Aunt when trying to reach my grandma, and had a very nice conversation with her- we haven't talked in a long time, but we're both into makinig nice, it seems, so it's all fine.

And I'll see her this weekend, cause d and jr and i are all going to the farm for the 4th. So she had my grandma call me back after she'd finished her hand of cards. I told her our travel plans and everything, and the weather of course.

Then I talked to Z, to see if she had plans for the beach, and she explained her problems with choosing a lab in a way i could understand, and a little family gossip, sisterly bonding, and product placement.

Finally, at work today ch and i were listening to neko case's train from kansas city and we had a whole discussion on what he was doing in Kansas City. Ch thought she was from Kansas City and had moved on with her life and he was trailing after her. I thought she'd stayed put and he'd gone away to war or maybe speculating out west or something, and he asked her to wait for him, and she, well didn't.

I love my job.

No comments: