6.2.05

sleeping the day away

i'm hating this life of subsistence i'm leading. the play will someday be over, the play will someday be over. who would still read here? i wouldn't. i'd be sick of my whiny butt. i'd come back after i'd gotten over it. i suppose hating your own whining is the first step in stopping whining, so perhaps i'm on the right track there.
the party went fine last night. i chose as my costume "generic midiveal peasant" and wore a burgandy stretch velvet dress with big sleeves and my navy velvet corset, and a turqoise bandana on my dreads. i fit right in. i would have definally been pegged too strange to talk to at g's party, but pam's a goth and i learned many of her (very nice, pleasant, easy to talk to) friends are also into that whole scene- there were only 3 girls there without corsets on. jen and her roommate sarah were there, and that was nice, to know people. i do like being with jen, i always forget, because she is so impossible to talk to on aim. i would never be able to stay friends with her if she moved away, but if we're both in chicago, we should stay friends. and they were taking the irving park bus the whole way home and knew when the last one was running (leaves harlem at 11.53) so i didn't feel bad leaving early, and i could take the first bus with them. of course, the just had to ride it for 30 min. and walk 4 blocks south. i had to ride it for 15 min, take the blue line 45 min to the loop, walk a block to state, catch the #6 bus and take that 30 min. home. how can pam and i possibly live in the same city when i can travel an hour and a half in aprroximately the same direction to get to her house? and neither one of us are right on the city limits, though pam is alot closer than i am. it's crazy. chicago's huge.
and now i'm procrastinating terribly. i woke up at 11. jen and i discussed perhaps going to ikea when the crazyness is over, so i got my bag of goldfish and my ikea catalog and broused through it for a while deciding what i'd get. i finished off the bag of goldfish and spent the next hour and 1/2 thinking about how i needed to get up. it's crazy. i just stare into space, play with my dreadlocks, plump my duvet. to try and get myself moving i turned on my computer so i can play my 16 min. breakfast mix (just enough to get you moving, when it's over you have to get to work) and well, you see where that's gotten me.
but i am going to go thrift store shopping today. i am going to pay my bills, write my rent check, put together a proposal for mairee's wedding flowers. honest. as soon as i stop staring straight ahead.

No comments: