18.8.05

finally something encouraging

my mom called, and she finally had a good piece of advice- call pam. so i did, and it was so nice to talk to her. the more difficult i find it to talk to jen, the easier it is to talk to pam. and she was so encouraging. she knows frances, she knows what my portfolio looks like, and she's got a KILLER portfolio- really superb drawing skills. and so i drew while talking on the phone, and i got 5 drawings done. so i painted one, and it looks nice. i like to paint so much better than draw. i'm happy with my new medium of choice- watercolor backrounds and colored pencil details. it was the first time i'd painted in the new house, but stuff fits the same on the table, the record player still needs to be tapped every once in awhile. i made my dragonfruit chakra tea, for creativity, and was looking for something suitably munchie. i had a baguette, so i broke out the nutella meike's oma and opa gave me for xmas. it was good and chocolately, and then the hazelnut hit me with a huge wave of nostalgia and i was in bergit's kitchen and i was there in another place and time and i was lonely. but it's just nutella, they have it in america too. it reminded me of a quote from a, complementing a letter i'd written to her about 5 years ago, she said you make me forget about the opened jar of nutella on my kitchen table.
but i have 5 drawings and a rendering. look at me. it's done and i'm still procrastinating.

No comments: