1.5.08

epic

So, I woke up this morning, as I always do (being alive, and all.) I plugged in my iPod, tried to decide what kind of yoga I wanted to do. I picked hip opening #3, one i haven't done before, since I'm desperate for new yoga (i thought last month's "yoga for runners" was too specific. and then this month it's PRENATAL YOGA! come ON! even people who WOULD be interested in this will only do it a few times. don't they think shoulder opener #2 would be more useful?). but my pearl's being fussy and not letting me play it. so i restart, skip to it, yada yada yada. i'm bending along, through my poses, and i think i hear it stick- but maybe it's just the music getting quiet. then i'm in cobbler's pose, and my feet are smelly and my hips are opening, and she stops talking, and i'm holding, and holding, and i finally realize, it's not the world's most intense yoga, pearl has quit. so i restart... and she clicks and whirrs and makes the most atrocious sounds before giving me.... the sad ipod face. wah wah.

so after work today I go to the genius lab. like a FOOL, i don't make my apointment first. when i get there at 6, the first slot they have is 8. EIGHT! it's not QUITE enough time to go home. so i have two hours to kill on the mag mile. d had ice cream with lunch which sounds really good on this delightful day, so i go to ghardellis and eat ice cream outside and finish my book. then i wander through borders for a while, looking at all the things i would buy if i shopped at borders and wasn't boycotting them and shopping exclusively at small independently owned local bookstores. (this is ignoring the fact that yesterday i bought Robyn and the new Weepies albums at borders, because i had to have them NOW and the small independently owned local record stores did not thave them. at least, not the one i stopped by.) finally i head back to the apple store.

I'm like, 7th on the list, so i get out my crochet, but then the three people ahead of me aren't there, and i'm suddenly next. so i quickly stuff my crochet back in my bag and pull out pearl and take off her little creamsavers bodysuit, because i know they'll want it off, and i bump the buttons, and the apple appears, and she whirrs and ... shows me menus. like nothing was wrong. like there was no sad ipod this morning. grrr. i kept my appointment anyway, and he said i need to reset and that will fix software problems, and hardware problems they can't do anything but replace, anyway. so. i'm back to where i started. it's obviously hardware, with the clicks and all. but now it's just waiting for death. i'm doing, like, ipod hospice here.

so i walk back to the train, calll my mom to give her the ipod update, and hang up to go under the subway and realize i have no wallet in my pocket. !!! i walk all the way back to the apple store. have them walky talky all over. no wallet. walk back to borders. have them walky talky. no wallet. call deb and ask her to come pick me up. look under all the shelves i browsed. wait in line and leave my name and number and a disription. go to ghardellis. ask there. the concierge asks the girl who sweeps, and she asks me, is it gold? IT IS! SHE HAD IT! HORRAY! HUZZAH! such relief. called d, told her she could turn around. took the train home.

didn't make it home till 9:30. my vegetable delivery had come, but they didn't take the old bins away. now i have three vegetable bins. they are huge. there is NO room for them in my kitchen. i couldn't deal with it and left the two without veggies inside in my vestibule. inside are beautiful slender spears of asparagus, thick leafy ramps and spinach and watercress. i am so sad i have to go to st. louis this weekend and cannot cook them up. i am really glad i don't have to spend my weekend replacing everything in my wallet, though!

No comments: