17.2.09

post holiday

survived. my dad sent me a check with a "v-day note" i need to call him and thank him. Ch and I kept hoping we would be surprised and have to order more flowers, but we never did. so even though we're happy about our conservative buying, it's still sorta depressing. we did use all the roses we had, but we didn't have that many. On v-day, we were only open till 4- the loop's just a ghost town on the weekends. then i went to the library, and i didn't get there in time to get a new card, but they would let me pick up my holds with my new ID.

Then i came over to lisa!'s, i had made her a valentine (the squirrel heart krista shared on reader, i can't remember where it's from) and of course brought her two dozen roses. She had been working too, and so grabbed me a box of very fancy champagne truffles on the way home, then we went out for dinner. It was so low key and so low pressure, it's only looking back that i see how incredibly traditional we were- all bases covered!

On Sunday she got up early and futzed around while i rolled over and went back to sleep. when i finally woke up we went to breakfast at the holiday club and then to the asian grocery store. when i got home i was so tired i went right to bed without putting my groceries away. when i woke up from my nap i was still so tired i couldn't do bags or make dinner. the effort was just too much. Lisa finally came over and made dinner for me and it was amazing.

i was sorta out of it for work yesterday, which was fine cause ch was exhausted too. but i'm worried about today- i have to go work for cookie and all i want is a day off. in fact, right now i'm blogging in pjs instead of doing yoga or eating breakfast or washing or getting dressed... and i have 20 min before i have to leave. sigh. zzzzzzz.

No comments: