18.2.07

family filled weekend

not my family, d's. they almost came into town for the weekend. (they stayed at a hotel out in the suburbs. why, i don't understand. it makes sense to them. friday after work she picked me up and took me out there and we all went to ruby tuesdays for dinner, and i met her parents and another sister. jr stayed out there with them, so d brought me home and spent the night. the next day we had to pick up the cake and 4 kids and drive back out to the suburbs to go to chuck e cheeses for jr's birthday. it was kind of a nightmare- it took us 2 hours. but once we got there i had lots of fun crawling around in the tubes and playing skee-ball. i turned in my tickets for all kinds of fun. then we went to d's square dancing class, and d sister had dinner while i made the bag that was due. d helped me glue in that bag, and then i took a nap while they went BACK out to the suburbs to get ready to go out. they came back and woke me up and i put on my skanky clothes and we went out to big chicks. it was so hard to decide where to go, and i knew that d's sister is such a pessamist she'd have complaints no matter where i chose, but i knew we wanted to dance and not pay a cover, and big chicks is a garanteed good time. and it was true again! we had a great time on the dance floor. and they played such good music. the best was kirsty mccoll's in these shoes. it rocked. i spent the night at d's, and then she brought me home this morning.

where i discovered all your kind pterodactyl comments! thank you, thank you all! on flickr you can find a picture of my pterodactlyl impersonation, btw.

so while it was nice, i feel drained, and STILL in need of a weekend. i have so much to do today- cook, clean my house, work on bags etc. but i think i may not do any of it. i may just take a few hours to be uberlazy. doesn't that sound nice?

ps. i hate the suburbs. with a vengeance. just being there makes me uncomfortable. a stranger in a strange land.

No comments: