20.3.07

turning point

so the day was going just fine. not getting as much done as i had hoped, but then that's pretty normal for a tuesday. felt confident enough to make a dinner date with d. after i went to devon market, i dropped off my groceries and headed to dominiks where d would probably end up picking me up. i was on broadway when i realized i didn't have my library books to return! i had STEPPED OVER them in my hurry to get to the grocery store, i guess. so after d picked me up we had a knitting consultation, then i had her stop by the library so i could return my books. while i'm in the library she gets a call- the babysitter never picked jr up from school. so she takes me back home and i defrost something from the freezer to eat really quickly before i have to go to fiddle lessons. (i have no idea what it is- sweet potatoes, parsnips, black eyed peas and asparagus. i kinda remember making it, but i have no idea what cookbook it's from, etc.) s

till, running late. as usual. i do my typical rush to the train, the minute by minute countdown. swearing i'm going to leave on time next week. i get off the red line at belmont, and transfer to the other platform. while i'm on the bridge, i see a purple line below, and a brownline waiting at the next station. good, i won't have to wait long. the second train pulls up, passengers get off, and no one on the crowded platform gets on! what is wrong with these people. i am SURE i hear an announcement, this is belmont. this is a brownline train to kimball. i use my violin to dive through the closing doors. as i sit down, i see the window sign. purple. oh yes. "this is a purple line express. the next stop is howard."

the worst part was how it is parallell to the redline tracks. so i could wave as i passed addison, the stop i would have switched at if i'd gotten on red accidentally. granville, the stop by my home. look, i keep heading farther and farther in the wrong direction, and the train won't ever stop to let me off. finally when we got to evanston, we stopped. i switched platforms, and was planning on just going home, but then the train that pulled up was the last purple line express, so i went back to belmont to try again. i got to my lesson 45 min late... so i guess i only missed half of it. at least we do the recording at the end of the class, so i have my homework and can learn the song on my own by next week.

really wanted a brownie on the train ride home. a corner bakery one, with chocolate chips and powdered sugar on top. so i stopped at cvs and bought a little debbie brownie- with the nuts on top- just like elementary school lunches. and another $24.75 worth of cash therapy. came home, put my little barettes in my hair, and am eating chex mix (the brownie's for desert, doncha know.) i feel better.

No comments: