13.12.07

winter's ache, again

have i mentioned i've worked at the flowershop every day this week? it was a CRAZY week, last year, but this year has been terrbly slow in comparison. it's up from other months, but still nothing like last year, sadly. but it's been fun to hang with ch every day, and to not have to worry about getting sewing done. my free time is spent worying about my own stuff- getting my house clean, myself fed regularly, and getting ready for that party tomorrow... not to mention knitting gifts! i'm rather behind- this stocking for my stepniece turned out HUGE, and took much too long. but on to the next project! getting up every morning kills me though. i can't wait for sunday morning when i can just read in my own bed until the dance at 2. how do people do it? 9-5, m-f. but the music's good. ch made a new mix for the party, and it includes CHRISTMAS songs. and there's last year's mix.

ch made a mix last year he called winter's ache. it was a good mix. especially that transition between life less ordinary and little perennials. i loved that one. then a few tragic things happened. the ex-friends who would rather take beer than me to michigan complimented it, so i gave them my copy. then this spring we migrated from musicmatch to itunes, which while wonderful did cause most of our playlists to disappear. BUT! ch had made a copy for johnny b. and he loved it. and keeps it by his desk. and he had time today to sing snippets of each song to ch (because ch rarely makes track listings) and ch figured out which each was and reconstructed winters ache. hurrah!

No comments: