15.5.08

i was GOING to blog...

but then it was past my bedtime so instead i read all my comics and ate half a can of pringles.

oops.

but no, it's ok, because i got to read this little gem from mimi smartypants:

"Speaking of books, I want to french-kiss the Chicago Public Library for FINALLY implementing an online reservation system. You are only allowed to put five books on hold at a time, but still: I sit in front of my screen and say I want to read this, this, and this (and this and this), and then THEY run around town picking it up from all the various branches? HOT DAMN. I feel like the Queen of Literature and the stack grows ever taller. In fact, I had better go read right now."

i could talk about how cool it is to live in a big city, or how it rocks my world that someone as hip and famous as mimi smartypants has a paralell experience with me... but i think i'll just say that this passage spoke to my soul in a deeply profound way, and makes me wish i had written it myself.

No comments: