29.6.08

happy pride!

The dyke march is on the move! it was in pilsen this year and it was as awesome as always. different, because last year i had my "in" with the lesbian community and felt super connected, but since i'm "out" with them now, i was worried. but they are too lazy to leave andersonville, and d and my square dance friends came, and it was a wonderful day of marching and chanting for all.
the worst: just realizing that my suntan lotion didn't quite go all the way to my bandaids and i've got some red outlines which i don't think i can tactfully post pictures of.
the best: i met a reader! A shout out to the überhot s, who came up to us saying, "excuse me, are you caitlin? i read your blog!" i felt instantly famous in a way that made me want to work on those dang novels, and suddenly reconnected to the web. sure, chicago is full of lovely dykes and i don't know ANY of them. but some of them know ME!

No comments: