12.6.08

suddenly

so the movie's over. just a screaching halt, sudddenly. and i go from curtains-r-us begging me to come in to them saying, "oh, call and see if we need you thursday. we definately won't need you saturday." what the? my debt isn't paid off yet! damn taxes. damn, damn ikea. that economic stimulus check better come eventually. hopefully the bags will pick up. or i'll find more work. i always do. i just need to make sure i don't wait too long. cause i've been LOVING having a thursday off. it's been such a splendid day! i remember the days of working on my own projects, not setting my alarm, being off when everyone else is at work. i've missed it. i wish i could afford to only work, like, 25 hours a week. or even 32. that'd be a good life.

anyway, today i cleaned my house, cleared off my desk, took care of (jsut about) everything in the "to deal with" pile, did all of my mending, paid my bills, wasted huge amounts of time on mint.com, planned my menu, picked my bike up from the shop, went to the grocery store, went to the library, AND ate 3 meals. and started a few other sewing projects. and sorted my packages to mail.

i rock.

in exciting vegetable news. my garden! it is growing! i have three green tomatoes and a clump of broccoli a good inch in diameter! my share this week, along with chives and turnips, includes lettuce. and salad mix. and spinach. seriously. and the turnips came with greens. so it's gonna be a salad sort of week. the lettuce was FILTHY, i'm afraid all the dirt i washed off it will clog my drains. but my salad was good and now i'm eating some of the strawberries that were the best, most beautiful part of my share. i sliced them and sprinkled them with sugar and melted it with cointreau (or however it's spelled), and put them in the fridge until very cold. mmmmm.

i'm so used to only being home on sundays, i keep feeling like tomorrow is monday and i have to work another six days in a row. but tomorrow i'm at the flowershop- practically weekend anyway- and then i have 2 days off in a row! whoo hoo!

No comments: