20.6.09

these are the people in my neighborhood

status report:
it's 1:30 now. i have:
-cast on and knit the first 6 rows of my ishbel shawl
-coated one of my knitting needles with clear nail polish hoping to fix the kitty teeth marks that are snagging my yarn
-showered, breakfasted
-made plans with ch for the 7:10 showing of away we go
-leashed my cat and took her outside
-brought her back indoors for transportation plan #2
-got mitzi in the cat carrier, the cat carrier on the granny cart, the whole assemblage downstairs, and pushed to the pet place.
-bought amaretto
-chatted with a neighbor

doing pretty good, right? the bug problem is the real project for today, however. but i have lots of time and lots of podcasts.

anyway, nothing makes people look at you like pushing a yowling cat down the street does. and everyone's out today because it's hot hot hot and there's a big sidewalk sale (that i pushed my cat around) a fellow square dancer was cutting the storm damaged branches off his trees as i was walking by, and we chatted and it was so nice. and then of course there's everyone i want to be friends with friending me on ravelry. i also ran into an old aquaintence on the bus, a friend of a friend, when going to lexie's party last weekend. i hate talking to strangers on the bus, but it's always so nice when i run into people i know out and about. it makes me feel like i'm part of a community. and that i have friends. these are important things to me.

No comments: