10.4.10

220/365


220/365
Ursprünglich hochgeladen von unglaubliche caitlin
HOME! and boy am i jetlagged. meike and i didn't even take a last photo in the airport, we got to talking and forgot. germany really felt like home to me this time, it's totally a home place for me. i don't know if i was more sensitive about it because of mom or if it would have been everywhere anyway, but the theme of my trip was family. everyone had a story about relationships or parents or kids and let me tell you, no one was about mom and dad and 2.3 kids and a cat and a dog and a white picket fence. family is messy and complicated, and i think even a bigger word than queer is. (and let me tell you, queer is pretty big!) I feel so lucky to know so many cool people, and that they will make such an effort to see and host me when i come visit their country and for a motherless girl, it's good to know that there are places i can call home far away in PA, even farther away in Germany, but i've somehow made a home that looks like this for my everyday use.

No comments: