30.6.04

email!

got an email from g in mexico yesterday!! horray horray! i feel so acknowleged, perhaps she is thinking of me a modicum of how much i am thinking of her. (this is not a distainful comment or anything. i'm sure if she was just hanging around here being bored and i was studying and doing exciting things in another country, we'd probably be thinking about each other about equally.) she does write, "I was very happy to get your email because I was going to send you one but had to go to class, and I was very happy to know that you were thinking about me, too."
she mentioned going to mexico city, and seeing diego rivera's murals and frida kahlo's house- we went to an exhibit together at the chicago mexican american museum. also in mexico city, "I saw the biggest gay parade that I have ever seen (ok, the only one, but it was still huge). You can tell Rafael and Charles. There were so many attractive Mexican men in one place. It's a shame that not a one of them would have been attracted to me. Sigh..."
i find this so very ironic, that at the very same time i was at a similar event having very similar thoughts....about her!
and then she signs it, much love, gabrielle. sigh.

No comments: