3.10.06

hobbitish

went to work yesterday, square dancing last night. the weather's been just lovely here, i've been getting in my last wears of the sundresses, which you know i've been waiting for. wore the tie-died one to square dancing last night, cause it has a pretty swishy skirt. i always wear a swishy skirt for any kind of folk dancing, i can't really understand how i am the ONLY one of our whole group who does. saw ashley for the first time in ages- since july sometime- she came down to pick up a co-worker's plant. of course i was wearing my swishy sundress, so she still hasn't seen my new butch look! anyway, as we were dancing, i started to see lightning through the stained glass. soon there was thunder, and we ended up dancing while a huge thunderstorm raged outside. unfortunately, it was still raining when the dance was over, and i wasn't prepared for rain. ch shared his umbrella- pretty useless- till clark street, where i saw my bus. i ran to get on, to learn she was out of service, but the driver let me wait inside until the next one came by. sigh. it took a while, while i watched it pour and pour and pour. had to chase after the next bus when i came- luckily it stopped in the middle of the intersection for me. then i had the 4 block walk home... luckily it was a warm rain. you just have to accept your wetness, and know you will be home soon, and it's fine. i was drenched through when i got home, walked right into the bathtub to take off my jacket and shoes and everything else. my socks and shoes are still wet this morning. ew. i dried off and put on pjs and made tea (ruth's erdbeer-cream rooibus) and got a bowl of chocolate covered digestive biscuts and curled up in my pillowfilled wicker chair and curled up with my quilt and finished my novel (meg cabot's avalon high, highly recomended). i told ch today my storm stories, and he said i sounded like a hobbit. which was exactly how i felt.

now i'm going to stop wasting time online and am going to go downtown and finish the grace kelly dress. whoot!

No comments: