24.1.09

Day 312 Smile like you mean it

crazy day. I'm feeling so emotional. Lisa was looking for a book to read this morning and i lent her the time traveler's wife then promply spent the next, oh, 10 hrs or so reading it. she's out to dinner with friends and i just finished it and am a weepy mess. it's such strong emotions, the joy of love, the sadness of death, and other partings. also finished hard laughter. i was so relieved by the happy ending the first time i read it, but it's sad cause i know it's ficition and i've read anne lamott's memoirs and i know it doesn't end that way in real life. and also angry, because why the fuck do i need to know what "palative" means. ch has a friend of a friend who has an awesome gift for me, putting aretha franklin's hat on on other people, and since my mom loved it so much i want to see her in it, but this means combing through my mom's flickr. which makes me deeply, deeply sad.

No comments: