19.8.09

14/365


14/365
Originally uploaded by unglaubliche caitlin
so on friday i finally finally got my bike taken care of. i'd lost my keys back in december, and kryptonite didn't have any record of me registering my lock :( so i had to get it cut off. So i walked my bike on its back wheel all the way to the bike store on clark, and bought a new lock, and they were so nice. and then to the locksmilth 2 more blocks away, and they were super nice. collier locks is where it's at for excellent lock service, people. after the harrowing experience (sparks flying, the whole 9 yards) of the cutting, they walked me over to the garage next door where they blew up my tires for me so i could ride home. Yay clark street! i am so excited to be moving onto you!

but that was friday. TODAY was my first day of bike commuting, and i got out my bike map over breakfast to plan my route. and wouldn't you know, there's a path along the north branch of the chicago river. it's all woodsy and out doorsy and car-free. sadly, there were lots of joggers on the way home, but they're easier to swerve around. then it started to rain. but it was still nice to get home 15min earlier.

No comments: