27.8.09

22/365


22/365
Originally uploaded by unglaubliche caitlin
lots of goodbyes. but some hellos, too. i bought this suitcase for $18 with leah on philly's south street. i adored it for so long but the zipper never did work right and i cut it out thinking i could replace it, and well, it's just a dead project. my guitar, well. in highschool i just taped the stickers on cause i knew someday i'd get a better guitar and i'd want to really stick the stickers to that case. but when my guitar finally did die, i gave it away to one of my previous movers and continue to carry the case with me. well no more. i may save a few stickers. the sixpence one. the 7ball one. 5 minute walk records. but it's stupid to carry the broken thing around with me anymore. the clasps are trashed, it doesn't even hold a guitar anymore. anyway, when it fell open inside were MY MISSING FAVORITE SOCKS! when i left germany for the first time ruth gave me xmas gifts to open on the plane, and one of them was my first ever self-striping sock yarn, before it was invented in america. and i cast on these socks on that very plane ride. i missed them very much the past 4 years. i am so happy to have them again and have no idea how they got there!

but blah blah blah about stuff. how bout more substantial travels? my mom's currently driving cross country to bring me some of my greatgrandmother's furnature for our new place. sadly, she's been stopped half way by a hospital visit. not her own, miss "well, i may have terminal cancer, but i bet you feel worse than me today with your flu symptoms" but my grandma- her cardiologist sent her right to the hospital and she is getting a pacemaker tomorrow! eek! poor grandma.

No comments: