27.9.09

51/365


51/365
Originally uploaded by unglaubliche caitlin
one of the best things about my birthday is it's always the week before banned books week! so the banned books readout is always the weekend after my birthday. even though our party is tonight, it doesn't stop me from going. i didn't know until last year that the ALA is headquartered in chicago, and the people who keep track of banned and chalanged books have the best name: the office of informational freedom. isn't that awesome? banned books aleways give me such a warm and fuzzy feeling. and it was in bughouse square this year, which is in front of the newberry library. i'd never been there before and it's so beautiful. lucky henry who worked there. i'm trying to remember how far north on dearborn he lived, it must have been quite a nice place with his 17 locks. i love when fictional characters live in my city.

No comments: