30.10.10

333/365


333/365
Originally uploaded by unglaubliche caitlin
This photo feels so much like istanbul to me. i love all the blurry people on the street behind me. I was getting frustrated with going out with lisa and her friends because it's SO expensive to drink in a muslim country. so i decided to give up alcohol for the rest of my trip. of course, as soon as i said this, lisa and i had dinner at this wine bar which had a 22TL bottle of white. so we did end up splitting that. most of the menus of places we went to were translated, even if the descriptions weren't, and even if the waitstaff didn't speak english. but this place had a bizzare layout- page one was turkish wine, page 2 was english wine, page three was appetizers with turkish on the left english on the right, page 4 was salads in turkish with the english below each item.... and the pastas weren't translated at all, so i was very proud and so glad memorizing my turkish veggies came in handy!

No comments: