20.8.05

funk free friday

i was so glad to be home this weekend, without my play looming quite so heavily, i didn't even think about it being friday night and the horrors that occasionally befall me on such nights. but even without my worrying i was given fabulous evening plans!
jack had a business trip this week, so he was too tired to go out with ch. i was telling ch about my netflix and... well, i'll just tell you how it all ended up.

after work we went upstairs to the restaurant level and had margaritas. then we went to our respective homes, i cleaned up and hee walked the dog. then he came over with his portabello mushrooms, and we made millet-polenta triangles with sauteed portabellos and roasted red pepper and garllic sauce. and nice weedy salads. ch fried the triangles for me (him being more experienced in such things) and so i set up the card table by the balcony. i sat in the wicker chair, he sat on my new orange footstool. it was SO charming. the balcony breeze, candles dripping everywhere, the glow of the xmas lights, the mirrored french doors reflecting it all- i love my new appartment. i think if it was less cool it would be eaiser for me to feel at home here. and the food was of course fabulous. then, after dinner, we watched tales of the city disk 2. he helped me wind more yarn from a skein to a ball (i'm one ball into my sweater, now!) and we ate dove mint chocolate ice cream. can we say lovely?

we are mona and mouse, in a 2005, chicago sort of way.

No comments: