24.5.07

more vegetables!

i ordered extra stuff this week in order to have a small dinner party this weekend. the hot delivery chick hauled it up the stairs and took the crate back, so i don't have to store it in my kitchen all week. she just handed me the big bag of veggies to explode all over my kitchen table. i got asparagus, a kiwi, goat cheese, honey. my regular mix included spinach, salad mix, saute greens (i think they're collard) pink pink radishes, cilantro and bright rhubarb. their strawberries didn't come in, so they sent me 2 boxes of blackberries- free! i'd gone to the the grocery store yesterday to buy more bagles, and i ended up buying yoguhrt and granola as well, cause it's a better hot-season breakfast. a nice change. and i bought a great big bag of cherries, because i was hearing the berry siren song. and the cherries came in bigger bags than blueberries or blackberries or raspberries. they're a bit early, and so are alternately crunchy or sour, but they are beautiful in the blue colander.

MY REFRIGERATOR IS FULL OF BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY, YUMMY THINGS! i wish so many of you could come over and help me eat them all.

No comments: