4.5.07

updates

well, from the last post, i got 3 of the first 4 things done. didn't clean under the desk, but did clean it off, and it was quite a task. also painted in the bathroom and fiddled. i took desk pictures, before

and after


one of the things i unearthed in the little scraps of paper on my desk was a list of things i forgot to blog about. i mean, i blogged about these subjects, but there was always one point i forgot to make.

in my blog on brown line construction i forgot to mention one of the best parts. sure, i'm as grumpy as the next person about construction. but they're CONSTRUCTING something! i really like transfering and once a week or so noticing, "my god, they destroyed the whole TRACK" or "where did the PLATFORM go" or "check out the new shiny fence". it reminds me of nan saying she minded lsd construction much less once she saw the machine that unzips the barriers from one side to the other to open up a lane for rush hour traffic. i would feel much more miffed at all the construction delays if all there was to show for it was some police tape.

in my blog about garrison keillor's a writer's almanac,, i forgot to mention the best part, perhaps. which is his tagline. i think i want to take it up as a personal mantra to live by. my life statement, the goals, a summary of the way i live. at the end of every podcast he says, "be well, do good work... and keep in touch." what more could ANYONE ask for out of life?

finally, in my list of all the things that are changing in my life between may 9th and 19th, i forgot to mention postal rates. which would have been a nice extra item to fill out my list.

hey hey! one more note i can throw away!

No comments: