22.9.08

just for hugo

Sure, d mentioned on thursday i hadn't blogged for a week, but then when hugo said he not only read but missed me, i thought i should post and catch up! I thought perhaps i'd start blogging more after tuesday, because I finished up with my therapist. Things are going so well for me, it seemed silly that my major stressor was figuring out what to talk about in therapy! When i told my mother, she ended the call with, "and congratulations on being a healthy well adusted person." which i found particulary hilarious. She was shocked- she said, "you can't be done with therapy yet! you still haven't discussed your mother!"

Christopher came over for dinner last tuesday, and that was so much fun. i miss working with him, and seeing him on a regular basis. but i'm so excited for all the new fun talented things he's doing. It seems like he's really working his degree and living his dreams- but maybe my life looks like that from the outside, too.

doesn't really look like that on the inside. my hours have been cut at the flowershop the economy's been hitting us so hard. It sorta rocked my worldview, but i need to take a deep breath and stand back and look at my life and it's really fine right now, i need to budget and be careful, but i always need to budget and be careful. it always works out ok, and i'm responsible and will not end up living in a box on lower wacker drive- or even in my parent's basement. My mother has an opinion on this, too. She thinks i need a real career to fall back on, and should take up accounting since i like to crunch the numbers at the flowershop. Lisa! is appalled by this idea, since she has more than one accountant in the family, and she fears i would become an unbearably boring person. I'm not sure how i feel about it- i think my strongest opinion at this point is unatainable. i'm not going to get into more debt until the ones i already have are paid off. and i don't think a quickbooks class at the discovery center is really gonna help me out much.

Lisa!'s all into my birthday coming up. She spent all sorts of time this weekend shopping for a present. She's terribly stressed out aboout it, trying to find something sufficently cool. I of course wish i knew how to allieve this stress, because a. i would adore anything she got me cause i like her so much, and b. trust her inherent sense of style, i can't imagine her gifting anyone with something ugly or stupid. I really doubt i'm going to end up with a starbucks gift card. PLUS, she's taking me out to a Fancy Restaurant on my birthday! i'm very excited. Especially now that i suddenly have my birthday off. i'm gonna dress all up!

I may end up coming downtown on my birthday, anyway, though, to take my suitcase to the shoe people and see if the zipper can be repaired before i go to texas for g's wedding. i can't believe it's next weekend already! the how to wiki suggests wearing new heels around the house every day after work until you break your feet in, so i need to start making those shiny silver shoes my house shoes in hopes i can walk for this wedding. there will still be flipflops in my purse, however, you can be sure.

I think a contributing factor to my lack of blogging is my busy social calendar. Lisa! and i went to the bar to see the drag square dancers call bingo, and then this weekend is a miniparty for my birthday and michelle tea's gonna be reading at women and children first bookstore. plus, the banned book read-out is at the freedom museum. Sure, the summer romance was fun, but i think autumn feels so much like a time of new beginings to me, i'm so excited to get out the wool and velvet and see what comes next!

No comments: