25.9.08

overwhelmed

by the birthday greetings from everyone! i got, like, 15 happy birthday messages on facebook. and my aunt called, and a, and when i got home yesterday i had four boxes! one from mom, one from dad, one from krista and sarah (full of the best goodies- yarn and chocolate and books, oh my!) and then a birthday card from a relative, too. and a box of sewing i'll be doing for a friend of my mom's. but still, lots of love.

Lisa! took me out for dinner and it was oh so nice, and fancy, and scrumdilliumptious, and then i got my gifts from her- all sorts of funky papers from antique stores, old chicago postcards and pennsylvania maps and shiny cigar boxes and such. they're really fun, and very handpicked- a postcard from a hotel in franklin, pa. or a menu from a restaurant that was by my el stop 50 years ago.

plus, there's more party to come! the weekend is Crammed full of fun and exciting activities, more than i want to even list now. i'll tell you all about them after i do them all; i'll be sure and report back how much fun i have!

No comments: