21.11.05

weekday

oh, it's so nice to not force myself to be productive anymore! i can just go to work, where i know what my responsibilites are! it's this set time, i go there, i go home, perfect. i hate, dispise, abhor school. and i'm planning on making it through this semester, and then doing another? what a farce!

mom called the shop today, talked to ch, to order flowers. i did end up talking to her briefly when she called back for the phone number. she asked how i was. can we say TOO LITTLE TOO LATE? can i tell you how very, very excited i am for this weekend? NOT.

there was this great switch during my conference with my fiction writing professor today. so, have i mentioned how much i love correcting people's pronouns? i've had 2 conversations where i've had to do it, and it's so empowering. you know, i'm blabing away my story, my love this, blah blah blah, my love that. and then my listener says something like, "so he lives in detroit?" or "how long have you known him?" and i get to say, "yes SHE does." and instead of me feeling uncomfortable for that split second, it's my listener does.

i know my fic writng professor's gay, but he is very careful with his adjectives. he mentioned being married the first class, talks about "we just moved into a new house" or whatever. at the end of the conference as we're leaving, he asks me what i'm doing for thanksgiving, and i tell him than ask him. and he says, "we're going up to madison to celebrate with some friends." then he looks at me and the great pronoun shift occurs, and he says, "actually, my husband and i are going up there to spend the holiday with his lesbian godparents." i so felt like i was accepted into some sort of secret club! was thinking today about how most of my being out experiences were neutral or negative until meeting l, and they've been almost completely positive since then. queer can be fun- what a concept!

No comments: