23.2.08

adventures, polar and otherwise

first, YES INDEED liz, i am going to girlyman. in fact, deb and jr are also going- his first concert experience. so excited to hear you're coming to visit- look forward to seeing you then!

d and jr and i actually had an activity today. We went to Northerly Island's polar adventure days. All those little kids! but it was lovely, warm (for February) and icy/muddy. we created snowflakes out of pipecleaners, went on an adventure walk, drank hot chocolate, petted siberian huskies, did science experiements and watched owls. i felt really good about getting out of the house. i look forward to going to northerly island again in the summertime- it's so strange to have this big open field so close to downtown. i mean, the landscaped pristineness of museum campus is one thing, but a bit of prairie is another.

Oh, and can I just say- Ch and I are learning the new system and it is not fun. We both feel like we've been speaking strange languages in a foriegn country. I know someday we'll get it- but I don't know if we'll ever love it. We're also transitioning to upper and lower case. And since I now have to deal with it at work, I think it's time for me to type like a grownup. So from now on, I'm going to attempt to use the shift key. Let's journey together into this new land.

No comments: