7.2.08

wired neighbor

a strange thing happened yesterday morning. about two weeks ago, i was leaving the house with full hands- i don't remember where to, work or the grocery store or something, and i noticed my wired magazine had come in the mail, and it was sitting on the floor under my mailbox. nothing could fit in my mailbox at this time because it was STUFFED full of of judge advertisements. i'm so glad the primary is over so i can get my mailbox back! so i was excited to see my dad had renewed my subscription for another year, and so was dismayed when i came home to find it GONE! since our front door locks, i knew it had to be a neighbor. and since there was ephermera scattered about the vestabule, i knew it wasn't that someone had accidentally thrown it away with the trash. so i was all upset and posted a note, "would whoever stole my wired magazine please return it? thank you! -caitlin in ##."

so the note's been up for two weeks, and i'm thinking it's time to take it down because looking at it just upsets me. and then suddenly, yesterday morning i open my door and there's wired magazine on my doorstep. i was so shocked and pleased my note worked! i hope whoever took it enjoyed it. i wonder if i should offer them my back issues when i'm done? or maybe it wasn't my copy at all, but someone took pity on me and bought me one new. i have many elaborate stories i've made up, you can be sure.

No comments: