9.7.05

it was a quarter to nine, we were running on las vegas time

yesterday after work, i went to the bookstore, wandered around the gold coast waiting for the wedding nazi and co. saw lots of stuff i could buy at virgin records megastore, and didn't buy any of it- aren't i good? my library books are over due, so they won't let me take any more out, so i bought a handmaid's tale to read. picked up a reader. had decided what restaurants we were gonna go to in my new neighborhood, but when they arrived, i was told it would be deep dish pizza. we went to pizzaria uno, and it was an hour and 20 min. wait. geez. so i gave everyone a reader section, and they made it through. it was pretty good pizza, for deep dish, when it finally got there. we went to borders to find kyleigh postcards and use the bathroom. they were too big, but we still spent hours looking at college books. why didn't i say, ok, it's my bedtime? i don't know. they have some sort of spell over me, i think. so they came up to my apartment anyway. i've got their approval.
they came into the flowershop today to see it, and say goodbye. it was sick, the freedom i felt when they'd left. i'm not used to having these feelings in my very own city- usally i have to travel to pa to get it. was filled with the feeling of FINALLY, everyone is gone, and i can just hole up and enjoy my new home in peace. but then after work ch wanted to go upstairs for a margarita, and i say, no, i live on the northside now, we should go there! so we ended up going to big chicks! the only way to get food was through tweet, and i didn't really wanna do that, so after one drink, ch and i parted ways to find dinner. i came home and cooked on my gas stove for the first time, very successfully making annie's organic noodles. hung up most everything that needs hammering- only 1/2way done with the photos in my living room, but almost there. then i took my beers and cookies and but i'm a cheerleader over to ch's, and ch and jack and i watched it. jack really liked it, and ch enjoyed it too i think. horray! it's so fun to be a northsider! the trip home took me like 20 min. from his front door to mine. gotta love that. i left about 11, so i got to come home to my apt for the first time late by myself. still seems to be a good neighborhood, folks walking their dogs. a car honked at me at broadway and granville, but they didn't yell or stop, so how can i complain, if it was an apriciative honk, and not a domineering one?
got a bit lonely, though, on the way home. just your typical friday night thing- it was so nice the way ch and jack were touching, i wanted someone to touch me when i got home, and i knew it would just be me... but i can't have it both ways! i can't have the place all to myself, AND have someone to share it with! so i'm on the lookout for the happy medium. as usual.

No comments: