24.7.05

nosy neighbors

not that i'm nearly as nosy as my mom and grandma, but i try to be observant! the downstairs neighbors in 1e have always interested me, as they have a beautiful mat outside their door, usally with sneakers on it. i have always wondered who owned that mat, and then when jen and i were bringing in my ikea furnature last week, we saw a lady with her dog "annie" come in. i wished i had gotten a chance to talk to her, but i was holding large furnature. i've heard her calling annie out the back sometimes. i've also heard music in the alley out my kitchen windows. their was some aweful top 40 stuff with the tree guys cutting branches and singing along earlier this week, and always loud nasty hiphop. but the other day there was something very familiar playing, i could almost sing along- i think it was cheryl crow.

the next info i got from my neighbors was on their door buzzer- 2 names, amelia and another girl. i wonder if the east apartments are 1bedrooms or studios. are they roommates? lovers? i'm sorry, maybe this is stuck up rich american of me, but you gotta be REALLY poor to live in a studio with someone you're not in love with.

today, i was sitting at my kitchen table eating picnic leftovers (very successful, thank you very much) and more music drifts in my window- "i am on a lonely road and i am traveling, traveling traveling..." i sing along to all i want, wondering if it's the radio or a mix. nope- it's all of blue. i go out on the back porch, it's really loud, and i can tell it's comming from good ol 1e. i decide now would be the perfect time to oil my wood on the back deck. after blue, they put on old mary chapin carpenter. not my fave, but ok... but then i heard their guest leave, and they turned off the music and turned on the tv. boo!

if i get any more neighbor gossip, i'll let you know!

No comments: