25.7.05

pack horse

i tried to get errands and such done today. made some phone calls, etc. then the dragging began:

i took the bag of old clothes to the brown elephant. i walked from there to belmont where the record player store is, to try and get a new stylus (they didn't have my style, they said they'd have to replace the whole cartridge) and then took the train to north and clyborn, where i walked to crate &barrel outlet and bought a rug 5ft x8ft. and drug it back to the subway. and drug it from the el to my house. oh yeah.

at this point i ate lunch, but decided i hadn't worked hard enough yet, so i put my old record player in a bag and drug it back to the record player store. they said there was no way to get a cartridge that old, i should just buy a new player. so i did. i left the old one there, and drug the new one back home.

it's still too hot to cook, so once i set up the new record player i made more salads. (the sound is SO Much better. i need a new reciever now, my record player is so rockin! it was so good to finally listen to eurhythmics again [how i've been suffering] and get my first listen in on ladies of the canyon which a. brought me.) so i still had edamame and corn salad, odessa beets, and marinated cauliflower and carrots left. i made a little purple cabbage coleslaw, and then sliced up a tomato, put slices of fresh mozzarella on it, basil from the balcony, a bit of balsamic vinegar- yum! i am transported back to germany.

at this point i realized the major list item i had not yet accomplished- la lavendaría. so i piled all my clothes in their basket, and hauled them off to the laundrymat. ugh. the washers are huge- it was good to wait so long. and $1.50! i totally will need to keep collecting quarters. i thought it was only 25cents to dry, which was going to make me really angry, but then a sign said that 25c gets you 8.5 minutes. so that made me feel better. i wonder if i should have fluffed them a bit, though, cause they were REALLY heavy to carry home. it had thunderstormed while i was there, and was drizzling as i lugged my big bag home. it's lovely though- all my dresses are hanging out on the back porch on the clothesline!

but really, how much of this pain could have been alieviated with just a few bungee cords and the unlocking of my bicycle?

No comments: