19.5.06

blogging from philly...

ok, so first things first, this memory thing creeps me out. i open this window, i type the b into the title box, and "ben franklin's pink striped penis" popped up. i guess i did write that on this computer, some time ago.

anyway, didn't manage to blog before i left yesterday,obviously. see, the problem is when you go to an island you have to get out your bikinis and sundresses out. and if you're going to do that the end of may, it makes sense to just get out all of those clothes and pack away the sweaters and velvet. and all that is BEFORE packing. and i had no idea what to pack. so i had to take everything.

i really didn't wanna take the big wheely suitcase, because i have the portfolio case too, and that's just too much to haul up the trolley steps. but i wasn't quite able to fit it all in the little wheely suticase, so i added the shoulder bag that fits on top. was going crazy trying to get it all done- cat litter cleaned, dishes washed, keys left for ch, update pearl one more time, etc etc etc. forgot about lunch, so threw the instant indian food in a tupperware to eat on the train. hauled all the luggage downstairs 15 min. late when i realized... i have a broken wheel! i remember it happening, but if forgot how much noise it makes, how hard it is to pull... misery! i ate my lunch, transfered trains, decided to listen to the mix ch made me for my journey on pearl.... and there's nothing there. not a single song. all my library notes, but no music. i don't know what went wrong when i updated, but something terrible happened.

that was my why am i doing this? moment. because i don't need or want a vacation. i wanna stay home and clean my appartment and find a job.

but then i landed and made all those phone calls and plans, and rachel and leah picked me up at 30th st station and we went to a drag show, meeting dana and erin there. they were quite good, much better than the one at annex 3!! fabulous costumes, nach. leah had apparently warned dana it was "interactive" but not me, so i needed to kinda prepare myself. it went basically like this- our hostess liza liza (the girl so nice they named her twice!) haggled a crowd member, hauled them up to the stage, and made them dance for 30sec-1min, after which they got a drink ticket and a t-shirt for their embarassment. liza was hot on dana, who told leah she'd win her a t-shirt. but when liza drug her onto the stage, she only got a drink ticket, no more t-shirts.

then quite late in the night, liza came up to me and said, "honey why you look so scared?" and i said, "uh uh, i only dance for tshirts." and she said she'd find me one- and she did, so i danced.

today i'm just putzing while leah and rachel are out- they have incredibly busy days. i'm really greatful that they're willing to carve out slices of time to spend with me while i'm here! its so nice to have safe places, homes where i can sleep, all over th place. i wonder if i moved to philly if i'd see them any more than i do now- it's kind of nice being an out of state visitor which just puts me on their couch at inopertune times, rather than trying to make plans to come over for dinner or whatever. anyway, i'm eating their applejacks and leftovers, surfing their net, and i plugged pearl into leah's lucious laptop so i could at least have her fabulous music collection, even if i couldn't have my own. well, it told me i had to reinitialize it for a pc, and it would erase all my notes and music. and i wanted to write down my notes first, so i said no and unplugged it... and my music was back! i don't know how i shocked it into reappearing, but i guess it was there all along, and now i can listen more greatfully than normally.

rachel told l a whole list of wonderful things they would do when she came. i was adding things to it, but now that i'm here, there are 2 other magical new things. the first is rachel's new hair, on top all long and spiky and red and cool and punk. the second is diesel, the kitten, a itsy bitsy furball with sharp teeth. she is so cute and soft and playful- the most adorable. she made me realize how big mitzi's gotten, but also made me glad mitzi's getting older and is now into things like petting or sleeping on my legs. but it made me feel at home, having diesel bite my toes when i moved them all last night.

No comments: