30.11.04

brrrrr

i'm so cold. the heat in my apartment sucks, and it's too expensive. the cat in my lap is by far the best thing going, and he's a fickle one. i desperately need new storm windows, but my brand new computer arrived today, and i was so excted that i forgot to hassle the manager. and so now i have this excting box, but i can't plug it in until i get all the mp3s burned off this computer. perhaps that would be too much energy for me anyway. yesterday was a total bust. after being hung over sunday, mom and i still stayed up too late fooling with her computer. we watched pieces of april (happy thanksgiving!) and i taught her how to burn cds. we'll see if she can get it. and of course, i had to pack. i still couldn't sleep that night, tired as i was. i think perhaps it has to do with the cold feet thing. i need better circulation. or at least, to live in a country where hot water bottles are standard. and woke up at 4AM to drive to the airport. CRAZY! who's idea was this? but i needed to work monday, and there were no flights left on sunday. shouldn't have put off buying my ticket so long. the lines were incredible at the airport. i thought everyone flew on sunday! luckily i could see my gate from the coffee shop so i risked gettting tea. the barista was this hispanic queen, and he just raved about the gelly rings g gave me- i wear them in rainbow order on my thumb. i've enjoyed the duality of it. i feel like i'm flaunting my pride, with this flag on my thumb, and yet, my grandma just thinks i like rainbows. anyway this crazy guy is cooing over my thumb- where did you get it? uh, chicago. what am i supposed to say? it's an airport. i could be from anywhere. and he keeps going, and i'm starting to wonder, is there a secret handshake or something? am i supposed to launch into coming out stories, holding up the coffee line? perhaps he doesn't get it either, he's just straight and enthusiastic. it's 6am, for frock's sake. the indian girl in my novel always swears by frock, and it's rather charming. so i arrived at o'hare at about 8.30, and went to work, then to a meeting for sweet water taste, the new play i'm designing in march. should have designed already. met frances in the elevator. she made me feel gross at the time, however, she had good ideas and was suportive in the meeting. so that's something really good about her- she doesn't put me down in front of others, just when i'm on my own, or in front of classmates. it's ok. i'm growing. she sets a very steep learning curve. luckily it was all interesting enough i could keep awake. work was so hard! so i came home, and it was so delightful. ch had made the beds, turned on the heater, watered the plants, rearanged the dining room furnature, left salad milk and ice cream in the fridge, in general just made it delightful to return to my well cared for home. ahh. and micho was happy to see me. i ate the salad and the frozen pizza, and got ready for bed. was inspired for a brief moment to get out the christmas stuff. then realized i was too tired. so i pulled it down from the back of my closet, and now it's just outside the bathroom door. that's a good first step. went to bed at 9 last night, and thanks to my tigerente-heißewasserflache, fell asleep instantly. when my alarm went off at 7 i restet it an hour and 1/2 later and skipped my first class. was still exhausted, late for my 2nd. feeling better then tonight. though it was raining. thank goodness ch and i waterproofed my new coat before i left for pa. still too tired to eat, to excited to play w/ my new computer. did a bit of boil in a bag indian food. i adore that stuff. don't think i'll get around to opening the new computer box tonight- so sad! but i gotta go to bed on time. and i wanna make the mp3 transfer from this one to that as easy as possible.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

A tigerente-heißewasserflasche, how cute. I wonder how it looks like. I mean, I actually grew up with those books, but I don't really know if they are as popular in the u.s. as they are over here.
I can somehow relate to you teaching your mother computer stuff. I tried that with my parents on various occasions and I never got the impression that they were attentively listening to what I said.
Anyway, it's already dark outside here. Winter is strange.