14.9.06

bookish

made all my phonecalls from bed this morning. gma, cause she called me, pop-pop, cause i got his birthday card, a craigslist girl, to make plans to play scrabble tonight, and christopher's boss, about my new job. very industrious. putzed for a pretty minimal amount of time- only, like, 2 hrs- before i drug myself away from the computer and out of the house. first i went to hancock to get embroidery supplies, then i went to the library to pick up my books and check out a whole stack of others, then i went to the costume shop, where i serged my chiffon, sewed the overskirt together, and zigzaged the yarn branches on. once i embroider the twigs and the sequin flowers, i will be happy and confident about this dress. on the way home i stopped by the gerber hart booksale. i got another copy of tales of the city- who needs one? and two nonfiction books from my list. (yes, i have a list that has all the books mentioned as being on the teachers' bookshelves in annie on my mind. i dont' think there's anything wrong with that.) wnet to buy them, but realized i was out of cash. so they let me take them and said just stop back! it was so kind and neighborly. i felt community and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

after that i came home and made zuchini feta pancakes. never heard back from scrabble girl. ah well. ch says the renegade craft fair is this weekend. hard to believe it's been a whole year since jamie and her husband came to visit. my life was so different then! but not neccessarily better- i saw michelle in the costume shop today and she was totally zoned out. i was so glad i wasn't in classes there.

still sore and tired from circus classes. i'm going to bed now.

No comments: