28.9.06

movies, etc

tuesday night ch and i saw science of sleep at piper's alley, he had preview passes. last night after circus school i embroidered and watched fingersmith. and then tonight ch and i went to see matador, the last almodovar of viva pedro. i'm so sorry i didn't see law of desire with mom. i guess the birthday feast was more important though. so i am feeling full of movies.

i went to the costume shop today to finish the dress, or at least the bodice. didn't get nearly what i wanted to done. however, i do have the pleats in, and i guess that's what's most important. the needle board's amazing, keeps that velvet standing up straighter than my hair. i'm a little frightened of the velvet. anyway, i'm about ready for this project to be done.

not sore from circus class this week, but have my first circus bruise. we did stiltwalking, which was nice to finally be able to DO something, and our arial activity was the lyra, which is the big steel hulahoop hanign from a rope. i couldn't get my leg situated so it didn't pinch through my too-thin pants. i'm getting braver off the ground, and i had most of the muscles needed for the moves, but i just couldn't stay up with the one knee. so now i have my purple marks on the back of my right knee- they hurt a lot. i'm facinated by how i so rarely bruise. my mother gets these big purple swells, but i have sore spots that no one notices. i guess it's like my invisible sunburn. you would think someone as pale as me would show such things more.

No comments: