8.9.06

love and parties

work today, as usual. my cauliflower millet cassarolee is baking- i think i'm quite hungry for it. it sounds good. i'm in that phase again where i'm hungry but nothing sounds good so i never bother to cook. i was so mopey today at work about it, not interested in lunch, not salad or italian food, so i drank a jamba juice instead and it made me quite happy. hugo called and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. he called me centered and grounded when i'm feeling so floating and adrift, and it was perfect. i'm going to the kegger tonight, with the hookers and the coke. we'll see what it's like- of course i'll let you know!! after i cleaned up my bookcases last night (they look so NICE! i could just look at them!) i took the utne readers with dog ears and checked out all the webpages and typed all the books into my booklist and the movies into my netflix. still have some quotes to go into the quote book, but i feel enlightened, as usual. one of my favorite things that i want to share with you, is the reader's bill of rights:

1. the right not to read
2. the right to skip pages
3. the right not to finish
4. the right to reread
5. the right to read anything
6. the right to escapism
7. the right to read anywhere
8. the right to browse
9. the right to read out loud
10. the right to not defend your taste

isn't that just lovely?

No comments: