18.9.06

a little country post

we've got lots of new cds loaded onto our stereo laptop at work, and i'm definately feeling the country vibe these days. eliza gilkison just sounds so good! and i love the old kim richey that i loaded on. ch put on lucinda williams and even that souds good.

after work, ch took the brownline and i took the purpleline home. well, by the time i got to the platform his train had already come. and i waited, and waited, and waited. there were such delays. he texted me from belmont- we weren't even at armatage yet. and then when i finally got off the dreaded train, FOUR MORE came- two each brown and purple before a packed redline came. ch was home before i left fullerton. GRRRR. so i had to inhale my dinner to make it to square dancing on time.

ch and i decided, it wasn't just a fluke. we actually do love gay square dancing, and we're gonna join up, pay our dues to the cult, and drink the kool-aid at the end. so you'll know where to find me monday nights! i'm glad i don't have to work tuesdays, though. i'm so exhausted and energized by the end of the night.

got home and opened my mail- a letter from my grandfather, a thank you note for their baseball trip we gave him for his birthday. i didn't recognize his handwriting at first- and i was glad, because the only letters i've known him to write are mean ones- angry letters to the editor, the letter to my dad about how he better marry my mother, i'm sure one day i'll get my own anti-homosexual, disowning sort of letter. and there are pictures, pictures that make me feel so strongly. there's one of my grandfather sitting on a minature tractor, i forget what they're called, used to pull stuff in the jefferson township fair contests... he's baring his teeth and looks just adorable. it makes me want to think kindly of him, this cute, warn old man, and wish i was around more to appriciate him while he's still here. but then i remember, oh, saturday night, when i did so many things that were so very wrong in his world view he would not be able to fathom it. i'm a terrible liar, and i think a good bit of my ability of being able to keep all these secrets is honestly just not being around much.

and then, for an entirely different set of emotions, there's a picture of of my cute little farmer grandparents in front of comerica park in detroit. no, not the stadium in pittsburg or montreal. they send me the one from detroit. sigh.

No comments: