13.9.06

more circus

left work early today to get to circus school on time! today's stretching seemed more exhausting to me. i was better at this week's tumbling, though. then i learned how to stand on a ball. it's basically the same as walking on stilts, actually. i was horrible at it when i first got up, though. it was like rollerskating, i couldn't pick up my feet- i also had a bit of terror since the last time i tried to stand on something round was when fabian's circus came to su casa for my 20th birthday, and i tried to balance on a board on a cylander and it flew out from under me and i fell down hard and had the wind knocked out of me. but no such thing happened to me on the ball, and when i got up for the second time i had much better luck. then, we did the spanish web- which is basically a rope with a loop at the top hanging from the ceiling that someone holds taut. i couldn't seem to get it wrapped around my foot properly, and it made my arms tired. once i finally shimmied up to the top, i was like, no, i can't do this, my arms are going to fall off, i have to get down. but they said, no, you have to, so i stuck my arm through the loop and grabbed the rope and let go with my feet. and i didn't fall off, i made a pretty arch and they spun me around, and i looked beautiful, i'm sure, but i'm still not sure how my arms didn't become disconected.

came home to a very cold house. finally shut some windows. i'm bitter- it's been raining all week. talked to christopher about this job he's got for me, and he said, "where are we living, seattle?" i dont' mind the rain so much, i just want 2 more weekends of summer or so, before i'm ready to go fall. but then i look around the flowershop, and we have rovers and sorgum and millet and safflower and orange mums, and i realize there's no denying it.

No comments: