24.10.04

micho

i've got a cat! i'm watching miecho while ch is homeless. i hope we get along. so far, he seems pretty stressed out. as long as he's a better cat than Tag was, all should be ok. sorry i've been so remiss in writing. it seems like ages, but i guess i've only missed 2 days. friday ch came home from work with me and we made these awesome quesodillas for dinner. then we watched the matrix. i was trying to get g to come over so we could watch my new pedro almodavar from netflix ("what have i done to deserve this?") but she's all miss IV and didn't return my call till 11.30that night. i told her to call me tomorrow. kind ch said he'd watch something else if i wanted to save it for her. sat. i spent the whole day writing my papers. 2 of them. but dad sent me new RAM for my birthday, and os 10.3. and i didn't want to fuck up my computer before the papers were printed. ugh. when i was done i called g again to make plans for today, but she wasn't home, and hasn't called back. her loss. so i wrote them both, then tried to instal the OS last night, but it's on burned disks, and my computer won't read them. so i decide to install the RAM, and got the first few layers of plastic pulled out. BUT, when it came to unscrewing the handle to pull the motherboard out, i realized i'd totally stripped the heads of the screws last time i took it apart to clean it after the fire. so i called dad. he suggested pliers, but it's just in too tight. so this morning i went to ace hardware, spent $20 on a screw removal bit- and no, i couldn't get em to work. so i put my computer all together again so i could write to you all, pay my bills, etc. but when charles comes i'm gonna have him see if he can do anything about it. god, i hope so. what use is RAM if you can't get into your computer? and why do computer problems stress me out so much? nothing can make me depressed like not being able to sign online. kinda sick, eh? ¶ did i mention i have my airplane ticket? arriving in frankfurt 17dec. god, i'm excited. i had many problems with cheap tickets, but it ended up ok, i gave up on them and bought it directly off air india (!)'s web site. non-stop! vegetarian! yeah!

No comments: