29.3.05

beatiful day

i forgot to mention this yesterday. it was glorious, lovely. over 10c, that's 50f. and sunny. it's such a big deal in chicago, cause we have 50 deg. days in the winter, but it's usally rainy, too. and we sometimes have sunny days, but that usally indicates BITTER, bitter cold. so having both at once made it feel like spring is coming! i took a useless trip to radio shack to enjoy the weather. then today, it was in the 60s! whoot! whoot! i went to the dentist, and i have no new cavities- 6 more months! heh! then i rode my bike to work at the costume shop. it was a lovely ride, my bike was flying, minimal tanic acid in my thighs, and the costume shop is so much closer than the sears tower. it took me about 45 min- the same time it takes to take the bus. yes! so i was thinking i might do this more frequently.
at work everyone was so friendly. i had made a very grand enterance. the contacts and bike helmet seemed to be a surprise. i was on corset duty with pam and jen, sewing together their covers. i hope i get a chance to take tom's class so i can learn to make corsets from begining to end.
afterwards, jen and pam were going to target, so i went with. they had the cutest little ironing bords, so i bought one. along with gittery sparkly shoes that are like ruby red slippers, only pale pink. and easter chocolates on sale. and liquid eyeliner. yeah. it was quite a bit to stuff in the panier, but it fit. and i did stop myself from buying a toaster. when we went outside it was overcast, and the wind was blowing from the south. grrr. i hoped it would change by the lake, but no such luck. the wind was AWFUL, i had to stop twice. luckily i had water and easter candy to sustain me. i rewarded myself by listening to my ipod in one ear, and that did help. but it still felt like FOREVER. i spent way too much time in first gear. i'm s exhausted now.
also, have i mentioned that in the parking lot that used to be out my window, they're building a new building? i'm glad that it will only be 5 stories and i will still have my view, but i am NOT excited about construction noise every day. i can sleep through it now, but when summer comes and my windows are open, i know they are going to wake me up at the crack of dawn. as if the trains aren't bad enough. and my apartment will be filthy! ugh. not looking forward. i wonder how long it will take. maybe it will be apartments and new families will move in and there will be another little girl my age to be friends with. hmmm. the ideas of good neighbors have definately changed since my childhood.
however, these pink sparkly shoes i bought run really big. cause i got 2s!! i kept walking out of the 2 1/2s. this is rediculous. i really am still in elementary school.

No comments: