15.3.05

stars concert

i should type about carlos's birthday party tonight, it was a wild latino birthday, reminded me of su casa, mexican meat, spanish, cute babies, wild dancing (brando- there was a cuban girl there, and she was an amazing dancer and had an amazing bosom to go along with it, and i thought of you and how pleased i was to be able to talk about bosoms in my blog). but i haven't talked about stars yet. that was saturday night. it was at the empty bottle, a dive on the west side, so hard to get to. smoky and claustrophobic- i had to escape at one point before stars came on. i felt so short and stiffled. and i had so many layers i was carying because it was so cold out. they played almost all of the new album, so i was glad i'm starting to learn it. i like to know songs at a concert. there's some definite hits there. ch one the what will they play first contest with set yourself on fire, but they played your exlover is dead, second, and that was my guess. they played my faves from the last album heart: look up, heart, and elevator love letter, which made me think of justine, and wish she was there to hear with us. but there were lots of roadblocks there. nightsongs is my favourite album, but they played so few songs from it, and the ones they played i didn't like much- true and peak hill. it was a country version of peak hill which was totally cool. for the encore, they played a new song which i like (first 5 times, ch's fave new song) and the song i hate the most on heart- what the snowman learned about love. but they did an unheard of 3rd encore, and it was my FAVORITE song on nightsongs. it was really cool. and it reminded me so much of jamie! i need to write about her cds so i can mail her more and enclude tonight. the very first lyrics make me think of her icon, "come around and say you love me, hang your heart in lights above me, is that to much to ask for?" afterwards we ended up taking a cab to the red line. it was so late i had to take the redline all the way to 55th, and it was running on only one track. took 20 min for the garfield bus to come, and i ended up not getting home till 3.30. needless to say, i didn't blog then.
but i wanted youall to know i was thinking of you!
ps does anyone know why my haloscan isn't registering comments? do you all have problems posting?

No comments: