30.3.05

nothing to hold me

the good weather has finally broken, and so has my mood. g came over and waxed my hair, finally. she trimmed the frizzies,too, and it makes it look much better, much more contained and dreadlocky. i had sucky jobs at work today, letting out darts, sewing on snaps and buttons over them. it was still beautiful when i came home, but as i was making lunch (it was yummy and beautiful! egg noodles with sauteed asparagus, radishes, scallions and green peas! just a bit of vinegar, honey and dill for a light sauce- yum!) the clouds rolled in and we decided NOT to wax outside. now it's thunderstorming, and i sent her home with my best umbrella and my black joni sweater. but she made me glum. i guess i just want her so bad, and she's gonna leave me and marry joe and have a million babies. she's gonna graduate and go to texas or california (where he's from) or costa rica and i'll never ever hear from her again.
it was nice to know jen and pam and chris in the costume shop, but the quality of my friends has gone way down, i think. they're fine, but i'd never keep in contact with them if they left. they're not like amy and meike and ruth and mairee... g's gonna leave and it's gonna just be me and ch in chicago. it's so lonely. patty griffin again, "isn't it hard sometimes, isn't it lonely, how i still hang around here, there's nothing to hold me" i'm going to go read a book and escape into someone else's life.

No comments: