9.2.06

down at the hanging cross ranch

i've been so tired. so after my last pitiful message. i got my shit together, washed the dishes, cleaned the vestabule, had a good talk with l, took my flower remidies, and felt fabulous.

i'm sorry the last post was so pitiful. it wasn't quite that dark, but it sure felt it. i didn't mention I GOT PEARL FIXED! well, not fixed exactly- replaced, for only a $30 processing fee. so i have my very own brand new ipod, pearl's second cousin. i lost a few playlists and worse, my booklists for the library. but how can i complain! my communte has music again, and it fills me with joy! how could i not be happy, when my house is clean and i have music in my ears? unfortunately have broken my ghetto headphones, however. i really need to buy a new pair. earbuds. something small and easier to carry in the pocket.

classes went fine yesterday. got full points on my corset. am still hopeless at ceramics. work in the costume shop was wonderful. i finished up draping the dress christopher designed for kathe, and transfered it to paper. and it brought me such joy, because there is nothing, but nothing i enjoy more in the world than patternmaking. if i had to choose between patternmaking and working as a taster in a chocolate factory, i'd choose patternmaking. also, finally had frances look at my portfolio, and it went well. i still have alot of work to do on it, but it's mostly organization, rather than painting. this makes me very happy.

when i went into the flowershop today, a delightful sight awaited me. apparently we've been really slow at the flowershop, cause yesterday mary and ch did huge amounts of cleaning and organization. mary tided drawers and papers, and ch put away the broken computer and moved the stereo back from the corner with the dead computer to the main workstation where all the cds are. and he moved the old third roommate out of there. i hope we can get him fixed! so since it was so neat and tidy, i boxed up a bunch of paperwork for him to store, and alpahbatized all the cds today. we're making room for all those roses, arriving the day after tomorrow! so ch and i are reorganizing and boxing up everything we can put in storage. that includes doing things like this:

yes, those are foam funeral pieces wired to the ceiling. welcome to our flowershop, now nicknamed the hanging cross ranch.

oh, and talking about ch, he's one of modern fabulosity's finalists. so if you don't read modern fabulousity, you should. and once you do, you should vote for ch. even if you don't, you should vote for ch. that link one more time is modern fabulosity, and ch is canidate #1! he doesn't think he's gonna win, cause he doesn't have a blog with faithful readers to ratchet up his votes, but i told him i'd send my plea out into the cyberworld.

No comments: