24.12.04

analise

she seemed like a really cool person, and i was excited to meet another english speaker. but all my attempts at small talk were rebuffed. i don´t feel like she liked me much. everthing i said was either met with disbelief or correction. the 3 of us went to the christmas market and drank glüwein- actually one step up- they pour brandy over a cone of sugar and set it on fire, letting it melt into the wine. i forget what it´s called. it was good, though. meike called us after her nap and we decided to go to her house to eat dinner and play games. i let analise take control of the vegetable cooking and the rice, and wasn´t whiny or cocky at all when it stuck to the bottom. after all, i didn´t speak up and say to add more water. however, it did give me the courage to stand up to her and say there are about 9 sq. ft. in a sq. meter. it became kinda a big argument, and iäm like, why are we fighting about this? i don´t care, it´s just that i´m right. it´s not that i care if anyone here thinks i´m right, i just want you to know iäm not convinced by you. we played games and drank bailey´s and it ws fine. after they left, i told meike, i thought she didn´t like me. and meike, bless her, didn´t say "girl, don´t be silly!" or " your´re just jelous cause she can speak german and you can´t." she gave me the benifit of the doubt, and talked about dominant personalities. finally she said, " we had a fun evening and we don´t ever have to see her again- rrrrrrruks!" and gave me a hug. it was just what i needed- to hear she loves me even if i am as stupid as analise made me feel, and i had fun anyway, and i need to remove myself from this vortex, stop obsessing, and move on.
vocabulary:
die schildkröte- turtle

No comments: