15.12.04

sick

god, i'm so sick. i can't be, but i am. it started yesterday in classes. drenched a hankerchief during text analysis. drank so much water during fashion history. on the way to work at the costume shop, bought some dayquil, some nyquil, and a big box of tissues. was counting the hours before i could go home. got sympathy from my therapist. she thinks i have too much stress and scarry work too. came home and started working on the list. packed, called grandma, called aunt janet, thanked them for the xmas gifts. slept fitfully all last night then woke up this morning too weak to move. couldn't make myself get to work. called off, called g and asked her if she would go to walgreens for me. and she did. this is why i want to keep her so badly as a friend. she comes over with more drugs and ginger ale and crackers and cough drops. then she pulls out a little stuffed lizard she got to keep me company. she pours me so me some ginger ale, and asks if she can have some too. then she comes into the sickroom and sits down with our ginger ale and says i'll just drink this with you, then i'll wash your dishes. !!!! and she did. can you imagne the weight that is lifted from my shoulders? i absolutely will be able to make it to germany knowing that my dishes are done. i've slept on and off all afternoon. i have no idea how this is going to all work out. i have faith that it will though. what is my other option? stay home? no way! i'm so glad meike is a kinderkrankenschwester and will take care of me when i arrive. uggh. if i live that long.

No comments: