27.12.04

pause

ok, here´s a post a bit out of the timeline. but i´ve just arrived at ruths and her boyfriend has dsl! so i´ll get lots of, uh, research done here...
will come back soon with christmas posts, and will try and get the dates in order. thanks for reading all this- meike is shocked at how full my journal is already. who reads all this? she asked me. glad to know you´re out there! thanks for the comment, jamie! i´m sure it´s crazy what i love- and what drives me crazy about your country. feel free to post as well, all you americans. or don´t- or email me. i´d love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That just reminded me. If you haven't so far, you should definitely read 'Culture Shock Germany' by Richard Lord. I got it when I was in America because I wanted to know what someone from the U.S. would think about 'my' country. Some months ago when I was at my parents and Keisha was there I saw a copy of that book lying around and thought it was mine, but obviously Keisha had bought it before she came here. I wouldn't consider it a must-read before going here, but it's definitely fun to read.
Have fun with your research. By the way, it's snowing here. Yay!