26.12.04

kaub

her mom had gone early, so wew were driving up alone. i love driving to kaub- the snakey little road right along the rhein, with all the castles and little villages on the steep banks with the steep vineyards that make rhein wein so expensive. and the poor sheep! i hope the woool is more expensive, too! i also love how we´re not just the tourists taking the boat up the rhein, we are going to visit meike´s oma and opa. it´s always a bit of a trial, as i´m always so sleepy and there is such pressure to eat. and i can´t understand their german, and i´m too self concious to yell my german loud enough for them to hear, so... it´s fine, but alwazs seems a rather long afternoon. meike´s oma made me miss my oma. it was still raining when we left, and so late the ferry had stopped running. the only bridge is in mainz, so we had to go all the way back there before going to kibo. we saw michi´s car on the autobahn (he drives a ford fiesta!) he arrived a few minutes after we did, and martin came over a bit later. we watched when harry met sally. and under the christmas tree is mail for me! jamie has sent me the high july cd! they won´t let me open it till christmas, though.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love reading about your 'adventures' here, but I decided to wait with my comments because all those little posts are so overwhelming sometimes that I want to wait until you're back and then maybe write a really loooong comment. Apart from that I think that you're really busy with all the exciting things you experience, so you won't have a lot of time to read comments at the moment anyway.
So, for the moment have fun on your vacation. It really seems like you do.